Welcome to World of IPTV

With

+23k members
+11k threads
+106k posts

we are the most popular IPTV community on the web. 

IMPORTANT NOTE:
WE HAVE RECENTLY NOTICED THAT TOO MANY DOUBLE FAKE ACCOUNTS ARE CREATED IN THE PAST.
TO PREVENT THIS ISSUE THE DECISION WAS MADE THAT IN THE FUTURE A ANNUALLY FEE 20 EURO WILL BE RAISED FOR NEW MEMBERSHIPS.

Join now to the World of IPTV

Forum Rules

Before you start, check out the forum rules first

Account upgrade

Upgrade your account to get access to full features

Advertising

Would you like to place your advertisement with us ?

Resources Manager

Hundreds of IPTV scripts and apps are available for download

Question TV Headend and slow zap time

alladyn

Basic Member
Basic Member
Reaction score
Hello TV Headend users, it seems almost nobody use this product now but maybe someone can help me a little.
I have running the latest build on Ubuntu with TBS DVBS2 card + softcam. No transcoding.
And my problem is very slow zap time - ca 10 sec.
Comparing to Enigma devices (where is below 1 sec) it takes ages.
Any idea where is the problem?
What should I do to fix it?

redhat

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Chief Moderator
Reaction score
Hello TV Headend users, it seems almost nobody use this product now but maybe someone can help me a little.
I have running the latest build on Ubuntu with TBS DVBS2 card + softcam. No transcoding.
And my problem is very slow zap time - ca 10 sec.
Comparing to Enigma devices (where is below 1 sec) it takes ages.
Any idea where is the problem?
What should I do to fix it?

You should also put your logs output here. May it is related to the driver/kernel issue of your TBS Card.
Did you try it with different drivers ?

alladyn

Basic Member
Basic Member
Reaction score
It is driver installed via Astra Cesbo script. I check logs and I try to put here...

Channels MatchTime Unblock CDN Offshore Server Contact
100 cnx / 90€ 5Gbps / 180€ 48CPU-256GRAM 10Gbps 569€ Skype live:giefsl
500 cnx / 350€ 10Gbps / 350€ 48CPU-128GRAM 5Gbps / 349€ TG @changglobize
1000 cnx / 500€ 20Gbps / 700€ 40CPU-128GRAM 20Gbps / €980 http://coronaserver.com

alladyn

Basic Member
Basic Member
Reaction score
It is driver installed via Astra Cesbo script. I check logs and I try to put here...
After apt upgrade drivers are not running, reinstallation fails, nor from Cesbo script nor from TBS website :(

redhat

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Chief Moderator
Reaction score
After apt upgrade drivers are not running, reinstallation fails, nor from Cesbo script nor from TBS website :(
It does looks like a kernel issue. And you still don’t post any logs, so should people help you ?

itrim

Basic Member
Basic Member
Reaction score
You must re-install TBS drivers when you perform any server updates,

1000 cnx / 500€ 20Gbps / 700€ 40CPU-128GRAM 20Gbps / €980 http://coronaserver.com

Zanzibar

Basic Member
Basic Member
Reaction score
TVheadend is still the best headend out there. I don't understand people using Astra. I had only problems with it. Maybe the provider's streams have a large keyframe distance, larger than 10s. In this case no streamer will help you, and it's not TVheadend's fault.

alladyn

Basic Member
Basic Member
Reaction score
Maybe the provider's streams have a large keyframe distance, larger than 10s. In this case no streamer will help you, and it's not TVheadend's fault.
OK, but why in case of "normal" watching on tv screen there is no zap issues? No delay, zapping is almost instantly.

Zanzibar

Basic Member
Basic Member
Reaction score
Good question. The answer is I don't know. I have already seen this type of problem with some satellite providers. You can't solve this with any streamer, even if not transcoding, this means thveadend, flussonic, astra... but channels open immediately on STBs. I have analyzed the streams and I noticed the keyframe distances was huge >30s. It seems that demuxing and re-muxing breaks something while feeding the stream directly to the STB is OK. I never understood the exact reason. I ended using mumudvb and a panel that grabs the dvb stream before it gets demuxed and streams on STBs open immediately.

alladyn

Basic Member
Basic Member
Reaction score
I ended using mumudvb and a panel that grabs the dvb stream before it gets demuxed and streams on STBs open immediately.
May you tell something more about this? Sounds very promissing.

Zanzibar

Basic Member
Basic Member
Reaction score
I feel so stupid not noticing this before. TVheadend can stream raw ts too. Go to Configuration, DVB Inputs, Muxes and click the play icon.
Go to Configuration, Stream and uncheck all rewrites (PMT, PAT...) to make sure the stream is untouched. Not all input cards can do passthrough, so check yours.

Mind that you will be able to play only FTA muxes with VLC, android players and MAGs because the stream has to be demuxed into individual streams before they can be decrypted. If you want to decrypt non-FTA channels you will have to use STBs with cccam or oscam.

You can't use a standard panel to deliver the unmuxed streams to your clients because they all use ffmpeg, which un-muxes by default and as soon as you demux, the PMT table is screwed. Use midnightstreamer panel and set the stream as Proxy. Hope it helps

alladyn

Basic Member
Basic Member
Reaction score
I feel so stupid not noticing this before. TVheadend can stream raw ts too. Go to Configuration, DVB Inputs, Muxes and click the play icon.
Go to Configuration, Stream and uncheck all rewrites (PMT, PAT...) to make sure the stream is untouched. Not all input cards can do passthrough, so check yours.

Mind that you will be able to play only FTA muxes with VLC, android players and MAGs because the stream has to be demuxed into individual streams before they can be decrypted. If you want to decrypt non-FTA channels you will have to use STBs with cccam or oscam.

You can't use a standard panel to deliver the unmuxed streams to your clients because they all use ffmpeg, which un-muxes by default and as soon as you demux, the PMT table is screwed. Use midnightstreamer panel and set the stream as Proxy. Hope it helps

OK but I mean STB and encrypted channels where zap time is below 1 sec. Also when you stream STB ->STB (I dont remember name of this E2 plugin, it is like "Remote Box") zap time is also very low. And here stream is decrypted by oscam on "sender" box, reciver do nothing, only get and display stream.

Zanzibar

Basic Member
Basic Member
Reaction score
Apparently enigma2 send descriptors that tvh does not. Or maybe the order of the descriptors matters. It would be interesting to test if non-enigma2 players like VLC can open streams sent by an enigma2 box in less than 1s. Anyway it's super interesting.

alladyn

Basic Member
Basic Member
Reaction score
Apparently enigma2 send descriptors that tvh does not. Or maybe the order of the descriptors matters. It would be interesting to test if non-enigma2 players like VLC can open streams sent by an enigma2 box in less than 1s. Anyway it's super interesting.
When you open e2 stream on VLC it takes few seconds, when you attach the same stream to XUI.ONE it takes 10-20 seconds, sometimes even it fails. This is from my last tests.

Zanzibar

Basic Member
Basic Member
Reaction score
When you open e2 stream on VLC it takes few seconds, when you attach the same stream to XUI.ONE it takes 10-20 seconds, sometimes even it fails. This is from my last tests.
This is because Xui One uses ffmpeg, and ffmpeg cannot passthrough a raw stream without demuxing it first. You have to use a panel that can bypass ffmpeg. Enigma2 does something better than other streamers. I thought it had to do with keyframes exclusively, but there's more to it than that. I will see if I can install OpenPli on Ubuntu. If I have good results I will continue to do research.

Zanzibar

Basic Member
Basic Member
Reaction score
So this panel may I use as a proxy one to many? I mean E2 box - > mindnightstreamer - many E2 boxes?
Yes one to many but proxy streams are ondemand. On mumudvb it works great but on E2 I don't know.

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
AdBlock Detected

We know, ad-blocking software do a great job at blocking ads. But our site is sponsored by advertising. 

For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.
You can create a Account with us or if you already have account, you can prefer an Account Upgrade.

I've Disabled AdBlock