Welcome to World of IPTV

With

+23k members
+11k threads
+106k posts

we are the most popular IPTV community on the web. 

IMPORTANT NOTE:
WE HAVE RECENTLY NOTICED THAT TOO MANY DOUBLE FAKE ACCOUNTS ARE CREATED IN THE PAST.
TO PREVENT THIS ISSUE THE DECISION WAS MADE THAT IN THE FUTURE A ANNUALLY FEE 20 EURO WILL BE RAISED FOR NEW MEMBERSHIPS.

Join now to the World of IPTV

Forum Rules

Before you start, check out the forum rules first

Account upgrade

Upgrade your account to get access to full features

Advertising

Would you like to place your advertisement with us ?

Resources Manager

Hundreds of IPTV scripts and apps are available for download

Question Smarters VPN setup

Eggzie00

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction of how to link smarters app with surfshark VPN.

I have searched the forum and couldn't find anything, there are supposed to be a few scripts for smarters VPN but these links are now dead ?

Any advice is much appreciated ?

Channels MatchTime Unblock CDN Offshore Server Contact
100 cnx / 90€ 5Gbps / 180€ 48CPU-256GRAM 10Gbps 569€ Skype live:giefsl
500 cnx / 350€ 10Gbps / 350€ 48CPU-128GRAM 5Gbps / 349€ TG @changglobize
1000 cnx / 500€ 20Gbps / 700€ 40CPU-128GRAM 20Gbps / €980 http://coronaserver.com

Eggzie00

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Download the manual ovpn file, Zip it and add it, login with the generated credentials
Haha no way... I've spent all night on this trying to add the vpn. I was trying a totally different way though. I thought it was similar to purple and was looking for the details that way.

You are a star bud!
Finally move on haha ??

urgodfather

Banned
Banned
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Haha no way... I've spent all night on this trying to add the vpn. I was trying a totally different way though. I thought it was similar to purple and was looking for the details that way.

You are a star bud!
Finally move on haha ??
Why use surfshark when you can make your own?

Eggzie00

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Why use surfshark when you can make your own?
Hmmm ?
If I'm honest I hadn't thought that far or even looked into how lol.
Guess I could do with another day of learning ?

It wasn't actually for my own use but a customer request as that's what they are currently using on other apks and wanted a smarters APK with built in VPN. I don't have time to watch it nevermind seeing if I need VPN or not ??

I assumed it would have been built similar to how purple and ESO have there VPN response so I had built up numerous panels overnight trying to enable it lol ??

Was overthinking and good old @Ian gave me the right advice. I did notice inside smarters though it states if the filename is .ovpn then to replace with .zip so I should have realised earlier really ?

Anyway back to this VPN, I'll be sure to have a play around and get one set up, just for the learning experience if nothing else ?

1000 cnx / 500€ 20Gbps / 700€ 40CPU-128GRAM 20Gbps / €980 http://coronaserver.com

urgodfather

Banned
Banned
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Hmmm ?
If I'm honest I hadn't thought that far or even looked into how lol.
Guess I could do with another day of learning ?

It wasn't actually for my own use but a customer request as that's what they are currently using on other apks and wanted a smarters APK with built in VPN. I don't have time to watch it nevermind seeing if I need VPN or not ??

I assumed it would have been built similar to how purple and ESO have there VPN response so I had built up numerous panels overnight trying to enable it lol ??

Was overthinking and good old @Ian gave me the right advice. I did notice inside smarters though it states if the filename is .ovpn then to replace with .zip so I should have realised earlier really ?

Anyway back to this VPN, I'll be sure to have a play around and get one set up, just for the learning experience if nothing else ?
There’s a few road warrior scripts shared as resources that will auto install and setup an OpenVPN server for you. If I remember correctly, even Smarters used or uses one as base for their VPN panel.

Eggzie00

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
There’s a few road warrior scripts shared as resources that will auto install and setup an OpenVPN server for you. If I remember correctly, even Smarters used or uses one as base for their VPN panel.
Cheers bud,, I've been playing since yesterday with the VPN to see what is what and how it works. Slowly learning lol ??

terenceslattery

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
I ran into speed problems when I looked at this., but yeah to echo the above you just need to provide the url to your ovpn config file.

I had an openvpn server I setup from one of the Github scripts which worked great when connecting to it via an openvpn client, but when I integrated the config file into the apk and connected I could connect to the server okay, but the speed was dreadful and I encountered buffering. I encountered this on XC and LTQ, but if I didn't connect to the vpn server from within the apk, but via an openvpn client then the speed wasn't compromised.

I tried the same with surfsharks ovpn files to and got the same results so good luck with it.

urgodfather

Banned
Banned
Ext. Member
Reaction score
I ran into speed problems when I looked at this., but yeah to echo the above you just need to provide the url to your ovpn config file.

I had an openvpn server I setup from one of the Github scripts which worked great when connecting to it via an openvpn client, but when I integrated the config file into the apk and connected I could connect to the server okay, but the speed was dreadful and I encountered buffering. I encountered this on XC and LTQ, but if I didn't connect to the vpn server from within the apk, but via an openvpn client then the speed wasn't compromised.

I tried the same with surfsharks ovpn files to and got the same results so good luck with it.
you must remember that VPN server is still limited to capabilities of actual server. also, i already explain before that cannot use speedtest because will not work. however, if you have own server and test only with you connected to vpn, no other activity on vpn server, and try to test, should not experience vpn issues.

good rule of thumb to remember is that if have 1Gb server that can assume max constant is only 500mb. not all host guarantee speed, only advertise max on burst. also, openvpn is not exactly a "fast" vpn protocol.

terenceslattery

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
you must remember that VPN server is still limited to capabilities of actual server. also, i already explain before that cannot use speedtest because will not work. however, if you have own server and test only with you connected to vpn, no other activity on vpn server, and try to test, should not experience vpn issues.

good rule of thumb to remember is that if have 1Gb server that can assume max constant is only 500mb. not all host guarantee speed, only advertise max on burst. also, openvpn is not exactly a "fast" vpn protocol.

Yeah when I used Wireguard for my own personal VPN server the difference is night and day against openVPN speed.

The issue I had was definitely due to connecting to the vpn server from within the app rather than just the vpn server being slow however. So when I tried it I installed the angristan/road warrior openvpn script on a fairly powerful dedicated server, nothing spectacular but good enough, most likely a Xeon E5 with 128 GB RAM and 1Gbps Ethernet. After running the script and getting some client config files when I would use those to connect to the VPN server from an openvpn client application on my computer or mobile phone I found that the vpn speed was more than sufficient with minimal losses. I could then open an IPTV app and play content with no issue while connected to the vpn.

On the other hand however when I imported the config file into the app's panel and would connect from within the app the content would be buffering.

I used the built in speed test in the XC app to test the difference in speeds from when I was connected to the VPN server from an openvpn client app vs when I was connected from within the IPTV APK and the contrast was substantial, I was only getting like 1 Mbps download speed when connected from within the APK, I thought no wonder it's buffering like ha!

Thinking back to test it I was using Bluestacks on my desktop PC to run the apk, I should probably take another look at it but install it on a proper native Android device for the tests.

Phoenix_tv

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction of how to link smarters app with surfshark VPN.

I have searched the forum and couldn't find anything, there are supposed to be a few scripts for smarters VPN but these links are now dead ?

Any advice is much appreciated ?
Have you manage to create a panel for smarters where i can add the vpn from the panel ? Kind like xciptv ?

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
AdBlock Detected

We know, ad-blocking software do a great job at blocking ads. But our site is sponsored by advertising. 

For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.
You can create a Account with us or if you already have account, you can prefer an Account Upgrade.

I've Disabled AdBlock