Welcome to World of IPTV

With

+23k members
+11k threads
+106k posts

we are the most popular IPTV community on the web. 

IMPORTANT NOTE:
WE HAVE RECENTLY NOTICED THAT TOO MANY DOUBLE FAKE ACCOUNTS ARE CREATED IN THE PAST.
TO PREVENT THIS ISSUE THE DECISION WAS MADE THAT IN THE FUTURE A ANNUALLY FEE 20 EURO WILL BE RAISED FOR NEW MEMBERSHIPS.

Join now to the World of IPTV

Forum Rules

Before you start, check out the forum rules first

Account upgrade

Upgrade your account to get access to full features

Advertising

Would you like to place your advertisement with us ?

Resources Manager

Hundreds of IPTV scripts and apps are available for download

Question Root password change

Playl1

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Hi I've never really posted on here so if I'm breaking any rules please forgive me in advance.
We have an IPTV server running xc UI and due to issues beyond our control we need to change the root passwords for main, storage and stream server, could someone provide us with instruction on what to do when this takes place please I'm really nervous, we will also change my SQL password if this has any impact

I have also tried to search for this but nothing has came up, I also tried again just and it says there's an issue searching please try later

Cheers guys and thanks in advance

Last edited:

Playl1

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Login to servers as root
Type passwd
Enter new passwords
Repeat.
Login to servers as root
Type passwd
Enter new passwords
Repeat.

Google could have really told you this.

Login to servers as root
Type passwd
Enter new passwords
Repeat.

Chicken Warrior
the root passwords are being changed via our server provider as we don't currently have root access I see from your basic reply your advising me to recharge them again which isn't what I was asking my question was when the password change takes place I believe the servers will no longer be linked together so what do I need to do, as I will need to relink them to main panel.
red-hat not to sure why you liked the comment as its not relevant

Channels MatchTime Unblock CDN Offshore Server Contact
100 cnx / 90€ 5Gbps / 180€ 48CPU-256GRAM 10Gbps 569€ Skype live:giefsl
500 cnx / 350€ 10Gbps / 350€ 48CPU-128GRAM 5Gbps / 349€ TG @changglobize
1000 cnx / 500€ 20Gbps / 700€ 40CPU-128GRAM 20Gbps / €980 http://coronaserver.com

ChickenWarrior

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Chicken Warrior
the root passwords are being changed via our server provider as we don't currently have root access I see from your basic reply your advising me to recharge them again which isn't what I was asking my question was when the password change takes place I believe the servers will no longer be linked together so what do I need to do, as I will need to relink them to main panel.
red-hat not to sure why you liked the comment as its not relevant
You never mentioned any of that originally...

If everything has been setup correctly on the panel you shouldn't have to do anything. I change my server passwords regularly and no issues.

Playl1

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
You never mentioned any of that originally...

If everything has been setup correctly on the panel you shouldn't have to do anything. I change my server passwords regularly and no issues.
Cheers for the info buddy I'm unsure about this as I'm reading some people saying changing root will infact mess everything up and lb's will need re linking with main panel so I'm not sure what to do once committed we are screwed if it goes wrong

mentos87

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Cheers for the info buddy I'm unsure about this as I'm reading some people saying changing root will infact mess everything up and lb's will need re linking with main panel so I'm not sure what to do once committed we are screwed if it goes wrong
I think you want to know how you can gain root access. Many hosters simply deliver a server without, cheap hosters like oneprovider and others, am i right?

1000 cnx / 500€ 20Gbps / 700€ 40CPU-128GRAM 20Gbps / €980 http://coronaserver.com

Playl1

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
I think you want to know how you can gain root access. Many hosters simply deliver a server without, cheap hosters like oneprovider and others, am i right?
No mate gaining root access is easy the providers can simply change the root passwords. My issue is when then passwords change what happens, ? How do re re link the load balancers to the main server, I don’t think that everything will just continue to work, my feelings are that once them root passwords change the servers will stop talking to each other. Am I wrong ?

abelcustoms

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
create a new user without root username give root access and use those credentials to do your thing. i don't suppose they keep changing the root password if that keeps happening change providers. Unless you are running a seedbox or something that does not require root access find new hosting providers.

ChickenWarrior

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
No mate gaining root access is easy the providers can simply change the root passwords. My issue is when then passwords change what happens, ? How do re re link the load balancers to the main server, I don’t think that everything will just continue to work, my feelings are that once them root passwords change the servers will stop talking to each other. Am I wrong ?
As said I’ve not had a issue when I change my passwords as well the main is installed on the main server so why does that care if I change password as long as I don’t change anything within MySQL I’ve been fine.

LBs only require the root password for the setup and as said I change mine monthly.

If you really want to know setup a few cheap servers x1 as a main, x1 as a LB and have test environment (as most people should have before doing anything live).

mentos87

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score

If a Provider really changes your Root Access without a plausible reason like changes in Hardware or else, reason for that should be very clear, for everybody. I would change the hoster directly after that. Your statements or questions are not totally clear for me, After your hoster changed, he send you a new root access? Anyway, simply put your new root pass in the Main in....reboot better after that (your Main, where you changed your root pass) and simply make the LB's new, a remake....that's all

ChickenWarrior

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
haha, not quite right, after Main root pass changed, you better do a remake of your LB's
Apologies that was referring to only if you change password on the LB side. If you change password on LB side you should need to do anything (or I haven’t in testing or live environment ?).

Will need to double check regarding main the exact process but it’s due to be changed soon so may do it earlier to refresh memory ?

Playl1

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys like I said due to unforseen circumstances we need to change root passwords on servers to regain access but before we do it I'm asking advice on what to expect and what process are we best following as once there changed we can't undo it

abelcustoms

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys like I said due to unforseen circumstances we need to change root passwords on servers to regain access but before we do it I'm asking advice on what to expect and what process are we best following as once there changed we can't undo it
find a service provider that allows snapshots and hope for the best the advantage is you can revert back with one click not 100% reliable but its that extra umph you need to not have to start from scratch.

Playl1

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply unfortunately our tech guy unexpectedly passed away and he had the root passwords, kept them to himself for security, I wasn't a fan of this but it's happened now this is the reason why we need to do this. That why I'm asking what we should expect to happen, he did all this side of things we just worked from the panel our servers are with ovh and datapacket I believe

abelcustoms

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply unfortunately our tech guy unexpectedly passed away and he had the root passwords, kept them to himself for security, I wasn't a fan of this but it's happened now this is the reason why we need to do this. That why I'm asking what we should expect to happen, he did all this side of things we just worked from the panel our servers are with ovh and datapacket I believe
you should be fine just redo your LB and all be great use the new password

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
AdBlock Detected

We know, ad-blocking software do a great job at blocking ads. But our site is sponsored by advertising. 

For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.
You can create a Account with us or if you already have account, you can prefer an Account Upgrade.

I've Disabled AdBlock