Welcome to World of IPTV

With

+23k members
+11k threads
+106k posts

we are the most popular IPTV community on the web. 

IMPORTANT NOTE:
WE HAVE RECENTLY NOTICED THAT TOO MANY DOUBLE FAKE ACCOUNTS ARE CREATED IN THE PAST.
TO PREVENT THIS ISSUE THE DECISION WAS MADE THAT IN THE FUTURE A ANNUALLY FEE 20 EURO WILL BE RAISED FOR NEW MEMBERSHIPS.

Join now to the World of IPTV

Forum Rules

Before you start, check out the forum rules first

Account upgrade

Upgrade your account to get access to full features

Advertising

Would you like to place your advertisement with us ?

Resources Manager

Hundreds of IPTV scripts and apps are available for download

Info Platform for VOD encoding and Live TV station

obastik

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Website
www.obastik.xyz
Hi guys.

I need your expertise on this one.

I would need the following:

*Encode movies to mp4-mkv
*Ability to add a movie clip in front of the movie
*Ability to add wattermark to movies
*Ability to create a live stream from movies located in folder and add moving text ,overlay,between ads.... and so on.

If you have info on particular software or softwares i would greatly apriciate it. Also i would need someone to install everThing to a apeciffic server.

Transcoding via cpu or gpu? Whats better?

*THIS WOULD BE INSTALLED ON A DEDI SERVER*

GeekItTillItMhz

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
You are asking a lot of vague questions in one post, some of them could be answered with a google search but here we are so here I go.

*Encode movies to mp4-mkv
While encoding and transcoding both represent ways of converting files between formats, there is a distinct difference. Encoding, by definition, takes analog source content and converts it to a digital format, such as converting your old family Super8 films to DVD. In contrast, transcoding takes an existing digital format and converts it to a different digital format, as is the case when you take a Flash video and convert it to an adaptive bitrate format such as HTTP-Live-Streaming.

What you are looking to do is either transcode your movies from their original format to a format that can be ingested by a streaming server. Or, you want to convert your movies ahead of time (my preferred option) to the format you wish (mp4,mkv) or a format that does not need to need to be transcoded to be ingested (FLV/M4V [Media Server Dependent]).

Before I breakdown the rest of your questions...
Adding a watermark to movies, creating a live stream from movies located in folder and add moving text overlay can be done on the fly with a streaming studio/mixing application (Wirecast, Xsplit, OBS, Snowmix). My answers below will assume a NON-on-the-fly mentality.

*Ability to add a movie clip in front of the movie
You want to concatenate your "clip" with your movie. This operation can be (but should not be) referred to as “join videos” or “merge videos”.
Simple video join using FFmpeg ffmpeg -i “concat:video1.avi|video2.avi” output_video.avi

You can also add the clip between each video playing using a concatenated list (see below).

Learn More:
Concatenate Videos Using FFmpeg
Concatenate (Offical FFmpeg Documentation)

*Ability to add watermark to movies
A few ways to do this:
1. Use a GUI video converter (Freemake)
2.Use FFmpeg ffmpeg -i test.mp4 -i watermark.png -filter_complex "overlay=10:10" test1.mp4

Learn More:
How to Add a Watermark to Video (FFmpeg Filters)

*Ability to create a live stream from movies located in folder
Some media servers can do it like Wowza.
Some panels can do it like Xtream Codes or Flussonic

FFmpeg can do it using a concatenated list:
Create a file mylist.txt with all the files you want to have concatenated in the following form (lines starting with a # are ignored):

# this is a comment
file '/path/to/file1.wav'
file '/path/to/file2.wav'
file '/path/to/file3.wav'

Note that these can be either relative or absolute paths. Then you can stream copy or re-encode your files:

ffmpeg -f concat -safe 0 -i mylist.txt -c copy output.wav

The -safe 0 above is not required if the paths are relative.

*Add moving text ,overlay,between ads.... and so on. <----(Do not use "and so on" when asking for help. We are not mind reader's and cannot predict what that means)

You do not want to add text, overlays, ads to your movies directly because if you want to change it you have to redo the whole movie every time.
It should all be managed by the player on your website look at Brightcove Monetization and Advertising & Brightcove Overlay (Do not want to link for risk of rule violation)

If you desire you can do a simple image overlay in FFmpeg using the following syntax:

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -i image.png \
-filter_complex "[0:v][1:v] overlay=25:25:enable='between(t,0,20)'" \
-pix_fmt yuv420p -c:a copy \
output.mp4

overlay=25:25 means we want to position the image 25px to the right and 25px down, originating from the top left corner (0:0).

enable='between(t,0,20)' means we want the image to show between second 0 and 20.

[0:v][1:v] means that we want the first video file we import with -i, in our case input.mp4 or how ffmpeg sees it video input file number 0, to be under video input file 1, in our case image.png. :v just means we want video 0 and video 1. [0:a] would mean we want the first imported audio track. Which would also come from input.mp4 but would point to the audio track instead of the video track in the mp4 file.

*Transcoding via cpu or gpu? Whats better?

GPU acceleration is a kind of hardware acceleration where the processing intensive workloads are offloaded to the graphics processing unit (GPU) while the remaining tasks are still carried out in CPU. GPU is a computer hardware chip designed for rapid calculations. It's able to process images faster than a CPU due to its parallel processing architecture.

Learn More:
GPU Acceleration Performance & Speed in High-quality Video Transcoding

The only crutch I offer:
There are a couple of GUI interfaces for FFmpeg if you are not good with the command line.

Graphical User Interface (GUI) Applications using FFmpeg

Last edited:
Channels MatchTime Unblock CDN Offshore Server Contact
100 cnx / 90€ 5Gbps / 180€ 48CPU-256GRAM 10Gbps 569€ Skype live:giefsl
500 cnx / 350€ 10Gbps / 350€ 48CPU-128GRAM 5Gbps / 349€ TG @changglobize
1000 cnx / 500€ 20Gbps / 700€ 40CPU-128GRAM 20Gbps / €980 http://coronaserver.com

obastik

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Website
www.obastik.xyz
Thanks
@GeekItTillItMhz for the time you put into writing the whole explenations.

Firstly i wish to apologise for some part of the info provided from me, as im reading my questons, even i cant get to understand them all:)

Let me explain a little better this time.

My main interest is making Live tv channels from movies ( so basicly playing movies one by one from the same folder, and adding logo overlay,or on some instances text overlay) till now i was using Ngnix rtmp and ffmpeg. ( i was able to maintain 10 channels, but unfortionatly, i cant add new content all the time, and my coworkers know less than me, so im looking for a UI Web based solution for this.

I have found this that sounds interesting and a possible winner for me : GITHUB LINK , i would apreciate your opinion on this one.

For the second part of my question ( converting movies and adding a watermark or clip in front of the movie)

I have about 5000 movies that have hardcoded subtitles in my Language, but they are in avi format , so i would need to convert the extension to mkv or mp4 FOR BETTER PLAYER COMPATIBILITY (i used mkvtoolnix for this one) , and add a pre roll video to every movie (because every competitor in my region is using my source for the movies)

So im basicly looking for a software , script or some other solution to automate the whole process on a headless server using some kind of cms,or a Web GUI.

i Found FOX CODEC SOFTWARE LINK that does most of the things, but its buggy as hell, and it boes not have bulk options so i need to do one by one movie.

* Note
ALL OF MY MOVIE SOURCES ARE IN DIFERENT RESOLUTIONS

Thanks, and have a good day :)

GeekItTillItMhz

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
I host few 24/7 channles myself and was planning to test CasparCG (GPU required, server with client app for management no web UI) I have not used FFplayout so I will try both as time permits.

I have about 5000 movies that have hardcoded subtitles in my Language, but they are in avi format , so i would need to convert the extension to mkv or mp4 FOR BETTER PLAYER COMPATIBILITY (i used mkvtoolnix for this one) , and add a pre roll video to every movie (because every competitor in my region is using my source for the movies)

So im basicly looking for a software , script or some other solution to automate the whole process on a headless server using some kind of cms,or a Web GUI.

You could use a bash script with FFmpeg. Something along the lines of:

for i in *.avi; do ffmpeg -i “concat:preroll.avi|"$i"” "${i%.*}.mp4"; done To add pre-roll video to movies and convert to mp4. New to bash scripting so my syntax may be off.

for i in *.mp4; do ffmpeg -i "$i" -i watermark.png -filter_complex "overlay=10:10" "${i%.*}.mp4"; done to add water mark.

Last edited:
Channels MatchTime Unblock CDN Offshore Server Contact
100 cnx / 90€ 5Gbps / 180€ 48CPU-256GRAM 10Gbps 569€ Skype live:giefsl
500 cnx / 350€ 10Gbps / 350€ 48CPU-128GRAM 5Gbps / 349€ TG @changglobize
1000 cnx / 500€ 20Gbps / 700€ 40CPU-128GRAM 20Gbps / €980 http://coronaserver.com
shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
AdBlock Detected

We know, ad-blocking software do a great job at blocking ads. But our site is sponsored by advertising. 

For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.
You can create a Account with us or if you already have account, you can prefer an Account Upgrade.

I've Disabled AdBlock