Welcome to World of IPTV

With

+23k members
+11k threads
+106k posts

we are the most popular IPTV community on the web. 

IMPORTANT NOTE:
WE HAVE RECENTLY NOTICED THAT TOO MANY DOUBLE FAKE ACCOUNTS ARE CREATED IN THE PAST.
TO PREVENT THIS ISSUE THE DECISION WAS MADE THAT IN THE FUTURE A ANNUALLY FEE 20 EURO WILL BE RAISED FOR NEW MEMBERSHIPS.

Join now to the World of IPTV

Forum Rules

Before you start, check out the forum rules first

Account upgrade

Upgrade your account to get access to full features

Advertising

Would you like to place your advertisement with us ?

Resources Manager

Hundreds of IPTV scripts and apps are available for download

Question Low Scale IPTV Provider Hobby Server

beefstorm

Basic Member
Basic Member
Reaction score
Hey WOI!

I am new to this scene and am still learning alot. I am looking to setup a low scale hobby server for IPTV. Ideally, eventually, this would be for a few friends and family (no more than 10 customers ever). I am not looking to setup a full on business here.

I've been testing a few different providers, and a few different applications on Android TV. So far I have settled on an initial provider and TiviMate as a presentation application. But, I am open to other suggestions.

I think the main component I am missing would be an IPTV Panel. I like the look of XUI.one, but that might be over kill. (At the same time, I am not opposed to overkill :p)

All of this being said, I am a noob to all of this, and am learning the components I need. Thanks in advance for you advice. :)

KingPegasus

Basic Member
Basic Member
Reaction score
Hey WOI!

I am new to this scene and am still learning alot. I am looking to setup a low scale hobby server for IPTV. Ideally, eventually, this would be for a few friends and family (no more than 10 customers ever). I am not looking to setup a full on business here.

I've been testing a few different providers, and a few different applications on Android TV. So far I have settled on an initial provider and TiviMate as a presentation application. But, I am open to other suggestions.

I think the main component I am missing would be an IPTV Panel. I like the look of XUI.one, but that might be over kill. (At the same time, I am not opposed to overkill :p)

All of this being said, I am a noob to all of this, and am learning the components I need. Thanks in advance for you advice. :)
When you say provider. Do you mean somebody else's service? If so you don't need a IPTV panel. You will become a reseller for that company and they give you reseller access to there panel.

beefstorm

Basic Member
Basic Member
Reaction score
When you say provider. Do you mean somebody else's service? If so you don't need a IPTV panel. You will become a reseller for that company and they give you reseller access to there panel.
That makes sense. Well, let's adjust the parameters a little bit. Let's say I am not going to be reselling (and/or are authorized to resell raw streams), and instead will be providing my own channels that I create. Obviously that part will take some effort. But, assuming that part is done, is XUI the best way to manage all of those disparate streams and distribute them? Or do you recommend another panel for beginners?

Obviously, as a beginner, I am missing steps. But, I am currently at the phase where I am just playing around trying to understand all of the components. :p

Channels MatchTime Unblock CDN Offshore Server Contact
100 cnx / 90€ 5Gbps / 180€ 48CPU-256GRAM 10Gbps 569€ Skype live:giefsl
500 cnx / 350€ 10Gbps / 350€ 48CPU-128GRAM 5Gbps / 349€ TG @changglobize
1000 cnx / 500€ 20Gbps / 700€ 40CPU-128GRAM 20Gbps / €980 http://coronaserver.com

KingPegasus

Basic Member
Basic Member
Reaction score
That makes sense. Well, let's adjust the parameters a little bit. Let's say I am not going to be reselling (and/or are authorized to resell raw streams), and instead will be providing my own channels that I create. Obviously that part will take some effort. But, assuming that part is done, is XUI the best way to manage all of those disparate streams and distribute them? Or do you recommend another panel for beginners?
XUI is pretty good panel considering there's a cracked version now. But then you'll have to buy connections for streams. Good example $5 per connection. 50-100 minimum depending on provider. So to be on safe side, if you had 500 channels you'll more then likely need 500 connections. Starts to be costly for just 10 people to watch TV. There's also the script route but that's another side of this world. I would explain but short on time

beefstorm

Basic Member
Basic Member
Reaction score
XUI is pretty good panel considering there's a cracked version now. But then you'll have to buy connections for streams. Good example $5 per connection. 50-100 minimum depending on provider. So to be on safe side, if you had 500 channels you'll more then likely need 500 connections. Starts to be costly for just 10 people to watch TV. There's also the script route but that's another side of this world. I would explain but short on time
That all makes sense @KingPegasus. This is purely hobby based. Pretty much wanting to play around with the capabilities, and setup some of my own channels for fun. In the end, I don't intend to make a profitable IPTV business. Just play around with the tech and see what I can do with it. ;)

palenet

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Hey WOI!

hi
if it's for only 10 people, better buy instead of having your own. Contact me if you want. I mostly deal with USA

1000 cnx / 500€ 20Gbps / 700€ 40CPU-128GRAM 20Gbps / €980 http://coronaserver.com

Johnjholmes

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Hey WOI!

Probably be more suited to use something like a HD Homerun device

herny8

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Probably be more suited to use something like a HD Homerun device
HOMERUNHD will use your local network.. that may create security vulnerability since you have to open ports to public on your own router, aside from also draining your own internet allowance.

Apart from that above. You still need a restream or distribution panel/server.

This will be used to receive your hd HOMERUNHD streams.. the HOMERUNHD streams are posted ar UDP:// which is also another issue.. as soon as you upload your udp streams to panel, they will die, and none of your friends* will be able to see shit.

For that you have to create or get a script to reformat stream links into multicast tcp. Or get flussonic.. yet for flussonic, you will need 2 servers. One ase main and second one as client.. your main will host the UDP streams and the client will receive the channels and convert to http.. which then you still have to send to the retreamer server.. can be nginx or Apache.

I agree with pegasus.. it will cost you to have these 3 servers plus being Network vulnerable.

This was just a quick explanation, but like pegasus, i have not too much time to go technical.

Think about it and if you still want to do it.. better to become a reseller. You will not have to worry about fixing anything when things go wrong.. you can just let your provider or admin know so they can deal with it..

Ultimately, if you still want channels already set up to restream. Let me know I can help.

Mrtruth68

Basic Member
Basic Member
Reaction score
HOMERUNHD will use your local network.. that may create security vulnerability since you have to open ports to public on your own router, aside from also draining your own internet allowance.

Apart from that above. You still need a restream or distribution panel/server.

This will be used to receive your hd HOMERUNHD streams.. the HOMERUNHD streams are posted ar UDP:// which is also another issue.. as soon as you upload your udp streams to panel, they will die, and none of your friends* will be able to see shit.

For that you have to create or get a script to reformat stream links into multicast tcp. Or get flussonic.. yet for flussonic, you will need 2 servers. One ase main and second one as client.. your main will host the UDP streams and the client will receive the channels and convert to http.. which then you still have to send to the retreamer server.. can be nginx or Apache.

I agree with pegasus.. it will cost you to have these 3 servers plus being Network vulnerable.

This was just a quick explanation, but like pegasus, i have not too much time to go technical.

Think about it and if you still want to do it.. better to become a reseller. You will not have to worry about fixing anything when things go wrong.. you can just let your provider or admin know so they can deal with it..

Ultimately, if you still want channels already set up to restream. Let me know I can help.
I'm new to this side and I came here to learn more. Not sure if setting up my own is best. If available, I'm interested to know more.

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
AdBlock Detected

We know, ad-blocking software do a great job at blocking ads. But our site is sponsored by advertising. 

For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.
You can create a Account with us or if you already have account, you can prefer an Account Upgrade.

I've Disabled AdBlock