Welcome to World of IPTV

With

+23k members
+11k threads
+106k posts

we are the most popular IPTV community on the web. 

IMPORTANT NOTE:
WE HAVE RECENTLY NOTICED THAT TOO MANY DOUBLE FAKE ACCOUNTS ARE CREATED IN THE PAST.
TO PREVENT THIS ISSUE THE DECISION WAS MADE THAT IN THE FUTURE A ANNUALLY FEE 20 EURO WILL BE RAISED FOR NEW MEMBERSHIPS.

Join now to the World of IPTV

Forum Rules

Before you start, check out the forum rules first

Account upgrade

Upgrade your account to get access to full features

Advertising

Would you like to place your advertisement with us ?

Resources Manager

Hundreds of IPTV scripts and apps are available for download

Question Custom Smarters app has old logo

jmp7624

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
I have been rebranding some Smarters apps, but I have been using the same app over and over again. On my android boxes and Amazon Fire sticks, the logo is always the old logo from a previously installed app. So if one of my customers has one of my services and then signs up for another service, the logo will be the same. But If the app is installed on a new device, the new logo shows up. Changing the installation path will change the logo sometimes but usually, in the app drawer, it's the old logo. It doesn't just do it with the Smarters app but that's the one I rebrand the most.

I hope someone can help me fix this.

makeitso

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
I have been rebranding some Smarters apps, but I have been using the same app over and over again. On my android boxes and Amazon Fire sticks, the logo is always the old logo from a previously installed app. So if one of my customers has one of my services and then signs up for another service, the logo will be the same. But If the app is installed on a new device, the new logo shows up. Changing the installation path will change the logo sometimes but usually, in the app drawer, it's the old logo. It doesn't just do it with the Smarters app but that's the one I rebrand the most.

clear app cache before the new install / settings apps / select app delete data and cache uninstall then do new one the only way to stop old cache is do that ,

Channels MatchTime Unblock CDN Offshore Server Contact
100 cnx / 90€ 5Gbps / 180€ 48CPU-256GRAM 10Gbps 569€ Skype live:giefsl
500 cnx / 350€ 10Gbps / 350€ 48CPU-128GRAM 5Gbps / 349€ TG @changglobize
1000 cnx / 500€ 20Gbps / 700€ 40CPU-128GRAM 20Gbps / €980 http://coronaserver.com

jmp7624

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
clear app cache before the new install / settings apps / select app delete data and cache uninstall then do new one the only way to stop old cache is do that ,
It is a caching issue but this happens when installing new apps. I will change the package installation path so it will use the new logo, but I cant clear the cache from an app that isn't installed yet. I see it most when using android boxes. The shortcut on the home page will always show the main app that was previously installed.

jmp7624

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
sounds like its a cached version of previous app, do you keep app the app files on the device ?

I have tried clearing the data and uninstalling the old app before installing the new app. Like I found my Smarters app from the service I resell. I changed the icon, images and uninstalled the old app, but when I install the new app I made it shows the original icon on android boxes mainly. On fire sticks, it usually only happens in the app drawer.

Channels MatchTime Unblock CDN Offshore Server Contact
100 cnx / 90€ 5Gbps / 180€ 48CPU-256GRAM 10Gbps 569€ Skype live:giefsl
500 cnx / 350€ 10Gbps / 350€ 48CPU-128GRAM 5Gbps / 349€ TG @changglobize
1000 cnx / 500€ 20Gbps / 700€ 40CPU-128GRAM 20Gbps / €980 http://coronaserver.com

FireTvGuru

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score

To remove cached icons for fire tv.... Settings-applications-manage installed applications - choose appstore and do all 3 then reboot.

jmp7624

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
And you replaced all the icons not just one or two
Yes, I replace I all of them. I use ATV Launcher on my x96 max and the old icons will always show up on it but it has the new names. Again, it only happens when I had the original app installed on the device. I uninstalled the old app and cleared the data before uninstalling. Then I'll change the installation path cause this is what usually works on the fire sticks, and then install it as a completely new app on my Android box. If I install it on a new device that never had the original app or do a master reset, the new icon shows up. It's like Android saves the icons in a different location because have used a File Explorer to make sure the folder from the original app was removed. And it's a huge problem when I use the same app to hardcode two different services. I can post an image, but I don't want to get a warning for trying to promote services or anything and it will show the names of the services in the photos.

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
AdBlock Detected

We know, ad-blocking software do a great job at blocking ads. But our site is sponsored by advertising. 

For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.
You can create a Account with us or if you already have account, you can prefer an Account Upgrade.

I've Disabled AdBlock