Welcome to World of IPTV

With

+23k members
+11k threads
+106k posts

we are the most popular IPTV community on the web. 

IMPORTANT NOTE:
WE HAVE RECENTLY NOTICED THAT TOO MANY DOUBLE FAKE ACCOUNTS ARE CREATED IN THE PAST.
TO PREVENT THIS ISSUE THE DECISION WAS MADE THAT IN THE FUTURE A ANNUALLY FEE 20 EURO WILL BE RAISED FOR NEW MEMBERSHIPS.

Join now to the World of IPTV

Forum Rules

Before you start, check out the forum rules first

Account upgrade

Upgrade your account to get access to full features

Advertising

Would you like to place your advertisement with us ?

Resources Manager

Hundreds of IPTV scripts and apps are available for download

Beginner Help

terenceslattery

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could provide me with some assistance on a little project I am working on.

I've been a subscriber of IPTV for many years, but only in the last few days have I started to look at providing my own IPTV service.

I was approached by a friend who asked if I would like to resell an IPTV service (he isn't very technical so he can't help me unfortunately). I hadn't really ever considered selling IPTV until this point and haven't had any desire to do so from a commercial stand point, however my intellectual curiosity got the better of me so I agreed to pay some money in exchange for credits and I was provided with access to an Xtream UI Panel.

My primary reason for agreeing to resell this service was because I wanted to create my own app that I would personally use myself for everything. I have real-debrid subscriptions for links, I use Kodi and other apps for streaming video content as well as my own IPTV providers app and my personal NAS drive with all my downloaded content. I wanted to give myself a project where I could create an app that used high quality links for live TV with a nice EPG and logical channel groupings (something I have never been happy with from my subscription services) while also including all relevant metadata and artwork for on demand content so there are no missing artwork covers etc and with the content displayed in a nice UI that makes it easy to find something to watch. I thought it would be a good little project to keep me busy while we are all in lockdown due to COVID-19.

I would find out however as a reseller I have no control over the channel ordering, categories, meta data for on demand content or the Live TV EPG from my panel. I was also not provided with the m3u and told they will never provide the m3u link under any circumstance so I was a little disappointed that my peak behind the sales curtain didn't provide me with much insight. Eventually however I was able to determine the m3u like from my panel and I was able to update the EPG and Channel Icons with the likes of m3u4u and IPTV Editor 2.0.

I also installed Ubuntu 18 and setup my own Xtream UI panel. I did this for my own curiosity as much as anything at this stage, but I was thinking if I installed my own panel on Ubuntu Server, could this be a mechanism for me to update the content of my reseller service to include better channel groups and categories and add the missing meta data where required from TMDB. I could then sign up users using credits on my basic panel and then add them to my own panel on Ubuntu, but so that that the m3u link they utilise is the one that has been tailored for a better user experience. The underlying streams would still come from the same source so I am still reselling that subscription with files hosted on his server, but the content will be better organised.

Once I had completed that back end content tidying up I would start on the front end app development, but I would test the back end content was working as expected with panel also reflecting the streams being played when I would test the tailored content in smarters pro. When happy with everything then I would start developing my own front end app and ditch smarters.

I've got Xtream UI 22f up and running on my Ubuntu server, but I have had issues accessing the streams when I have loaded them. I tried adding local content (just a single movie and TV Show) from my NAS drive to the /Home folder of the Ubuntu server, but then I encountered a permissions error. I added the streams from an m3u file I downloaded and uploaded into the Xtream UI, but I could not view them when I tried to connect to the server from Smarters Pro.

If anyone has any guidance that they think would be useful to help me on my project I would greatly appreciate it.

Many Thanks,

The Baker

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great project, I'm not able to help but wishing you good luck! I'm sure somebody here can help you

urgodfather

Banned
Banned
Ext. Member
Reaction score
While I understand your reasoning for motivation, you're completely missing the concept of reselling. When you resell something, you don't micro-manage it. Consider drop-shipping for a wholesale supplier. You don't modify the "package" and sell it how you want. You sell it how it's given. You are either a provider or a reseller of a provider. There is no best of both worlds. I can understand if you wanted to say for example put together a better EPG because you're friend is too lazy to keep up with it, but then you would have to direct users to use your EPG url instead of the one given.

RESELLERS = Sell what is given to them as an option from PROVIDERS. There is NO micro-management. NO admin like functions. NOTHING. You sell are given and you support your own users. That's it.

PROVIDERS = Hold the responsibility to keep servers up. Hold the responsibility to keep streams up. Hold the responsibility to maintain a stable system. They also take on the risk. It is them who has to deal with server complaints. It's them who has to deal with DNS issues. It is them who has to deal with hacks. It's them who have to deal with finding sources. It is them who have to deal with EPG (a lot are too lazy). It is them who have to pay the bills. It is them who has to create a system that is profitable for all. It's them who has to do everything. This can be divided into better classifications.

RESTREAMERS = Type of provider who wants to do their own thing but either cannot get their own content or don't want to deal with the hassle. This is basically a middleman posing as a service. There's nothing wrong with it. A VERY LARGE PORTION are this. MOST were once RESELLERS but grew to the point that it would be better for them to take on ALL the additional responsibilities, ALL the additional risks, to provide a better experience for their users. WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT JUST 100 USERS!

SOURCE PROVIDERS = This is what everyone WANTS to be but fails epicly at. People will tell you they are and they are not. These are the ones you don't see. You don't hear about them and unless you are one, you will more than likely never meet or become. Along with this, THIS IS THE HIGHEST RESPONSIBILITY AND HIGHEST RISKS!! They don't have END USERS.

I have taken the time to post this information here and many can attest to this structure. Sure, maybe the names are not perfect, but they describe it very well To go even further, I've intentionally structured it from MOST PROFITABLE to LEAST PROFITABLE as well as LOWER RISKS / RESPONSIBILITIES to HIGHER RISKS / RESPONSIBILITIES.

As for your issue with XtreamUI, I think you lack proper foundational understanding. Because of that, I've moved your post to "General Discussions" ( you know, that category where no one ever looks for answers ). If you need help finding it, it's underneath "Announcements, News & Rules" ( that other category no one ever looks at ).

Last edited:
Channels MatchTime Unblock CDN Offshore Server Contact
100 cnx / 90€ 5Gbps / 180€ 48CPU-256GRAM 10Gbps 569€ Skype live:giefsl
500 cnx / 350€ 10Gbps / 350€ 48CPU-128GRAM 5Gbps / 349€ TG @changglobize
1000 cnx / 500€ 20Gbps / 700€ 40CPU-128GRAM 20Gbps / €980 http://coronaserver.com

terenceslattery

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
While I understand your reasoning for motivation, you're completely missing the concept of reselling. When you resell something, you don't micro-manage it. Consider drop-shipping for a wholesale supplier. You don't modify the "package" and sell it how you want. You sell it how it's given. You are either a provider or a reseller of a provider. There is no best of both worlds. I can understand if you wanted to say for example put together a better EPG because you're friend is too lazy to keep up with it, but then you would have to direct users to use your EPG url instead of the one given.

RESELLERS = Sell what is given to them as an option from PROVIDERS. There is NO micro-management. NO admin like functions. NOTHING. You sell are given and you support your own users. That's it.

PROVIDERS = Hold the responsibility to keep servers up. Hold the responsibility to keep streams up. Hold the responsibility to maintain a stable system. They also take on the risk. It is them who has to deal with server complaints. It's them who has to deal with DNS issues. It is them who has to deal with hacks. It's them who have to deal with finding sources. It is them who have to deal with EPG (a lot are too lazy). It is them who have to pay the bills. It is them who has to create a system that is profitable for all. It's them who has to do everything. This can be divided into better classifications.

RESTREAMERS = Type of provider who wants to do their own thing but either cannot get their own content or don't want to deal with the hassle. This is basically a middleman posing as a service. There's nothing wrong with it. A VERY LARGE PORTION are this. MOST were once RESELLERS but grew to the point that it would be better for them to take on ALL the additional responsibilities, ALL the additional risks, to provide a better experience for their users. WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT JUST 100 USERS!

SOURCE PROVIDERS = This is what everyone WANTS to be but fails epicly at. People will tell you they are and they are not. These are the ones you don't see. You don't hear about them and unless you are one, you will more than likely never meet or become. Along with this, THIS IS THE HIGHEST RESPONSIBILITY AND HIGHEST RISKS!! They don't have END USERS.

I have taken the time to post this information here and many can attest to this structure. Sure, maybe the names are not perfect, but they describe it very well To go even further, I've intentionally structured it from MOST PROFITABLE to LEAST PROFITABLE as well as LOWER RISKS / RESPONSIBILITIES to HIGHER RISKS / RESPONSIBILITIES.

As for your issue with XtreamUI, I think you lack proper foundational understanding. Because of that, I've moved your post to "General Discussions" ( you know, that category where no one ever looks for answers ). If you need help finding it, it's underneath "Announcements, News & Rules" ( that other category no one ever looks at ).

Thanks for the detailed response urgodfather, much appreciated. I'm very aware that I'm at the bottom of a steep learning curve as I've only started to look at this in detail over these last few days and my knowledge of this area was almost non-existent prior to that.

I was actually reading about restreamers earlier today and I thought that sounded more like the kind of service I would require to have the level of control over the content I want to deliver. I'm unsure of the difference between a restreamer and a provider in your above example though, wouldn't a restreamer also have the same responsibilities regarding servers, DNS, hacks etc as a provider? I'm assuming the source provider would be the person you purchase the connections from as a restreamer yeah?

You're correct in that I'm absolutely lacking the foundational understanding of Xtream UI which will be a big reason for my problems. I've been watching YouTube videos that have been helpful in explaining how to do certain things, but they don't cover why we need to do them so I'm certainly a bit lost on this front. Things like Bouquets, I noticed in a video you need to create these when you create your categories, but I have no idea what significance they play for example? Also the ordering of setup jobs, what is important and what isn't, setting up packages etc. I really need an Xtream UI for dummies guide to get me going.

Regarding my connection problems while I do work in IT, networking has always been my kryptonite subject that I need to improve on so this will also be another learning curve in the weeks ahead. Funnily enough, I was actually able to connect to my server via Smarters Pro and I found my TV categories were displayed, but my Movie categories were not displayed, that was certainly baffling. Also none of the streaming content I added was accessible in the app neither and I would get a permissions error when I attempted to add a local file to my VOD library.

I suppose following your response my biggest question now is to know if there is a solution whereby I can still be a provider of my own service while using the streams I am reselling as inputs into that service until I can find a better source provider? This was what I hoped to do while providing the updated EPG URL to my users, but I've not had any success when testing it as of yet so worried I may have wasted my money and it will not give me what I need and I should look for a restreaming solution?

Thanks,

urgodfather

Banned
Banned
Ext. Member
Reaction score
This can be divided into better classifications.

RESTREAMERS =

SOURCE PROVIDERS =
Thanks for the detailed response urgodfather, much appreciated. I'm very aware that I'm at the bottom of a steep learning curve as I've only started to look at this in detail over these last few days and my knowledge of this area was almost non-existent prior to that.

I was actually reading about restreamers earlier today and I thought that sounded more like the kind of service I would require to have the level of control over the content I want to deliver. I'm unsure of the difference between a restreamer and a provider in your above example though, wouldn't a restreamer also have the same responsibilities regarding servers, DNS, hacks etc as a provider?

Read what I said again. PROVIDERS can be broken down to better classifications. RESTREAMERS and SOURCE PROVIDERS.

You're correct in that I'm absolutely lacking the foundational understanding of Xtream UI which will be a big reason for my problems.

Dude you're lacking the entire foundational concept as a whole. XtreamUI is just A (one) platform derived from the XC core and a clear source CRUD panel.

I've been watching YouTube videos that have been helpful in explaining how to do certain things, but they don't cover why we need to do them so I'm certainly a bit lost on this front. Things like Bouquets, I noticed in a video you need to create these when you create your categories, but I have no idea what significance they play for example? Also the ordering of setup jobs, what is important and what isn't, setting up packages etc. I really need an Xtream UI for dummies guide to get me going.

You keep relating this back to XtreamUI but its not. Along with that, YouTube is not going to be a good source for knowledge. I highly recommend you spent some serious hours (like more than just a month) understanding how IPTV works, what bouquets are, etc.

Regarding my connection problems while I do work in IT, networking has always been my kryptonite subject that I need to improve on so this will also be another learning curve in the weeks ahead. Funnily enough, I was actually able to connect to my server via Smarters Pro and I found my TV categories were displayed, but my Movie categories were not displayed, that was certainly baffling. Also none of the streaming content I added was accessible in the app neither and I would get a permissions error when I attempted to add a local file to my VOD library.

I suppose following your response my biggest question now is to know if there is a solution whereby I can still be a provider of my own service while using the streams I am reselling as inputs into that service until I can find a better source provider? This was what I hoped to do while providing the updated EPG URL to my users, but I've not had any success when testing it as of yet so worried I may have wasted my money and it will not give me what I need and I should look for a restreaming solution?

Thanks,

You're not going to like hearing this but I think you are chasing money with interest to be in control. You completely missed what I said about it being listed from MOST PROFITABLE to LEAST. You also missed the part where SOURCE PROVIDERS. If someone tells you they are a source provider, chances are they are just another RESTREAMER of a RESTREAMER of a RESTREAMER of a RESTREAMER of a RESTREAMER of a RESTREAMER of a RESTREAMER of a RESTREAMER of a RESTREAMER of a RESTREAMER of a RESTREAMER of a RESTREAMER of a RESTREAMER of a RESTREAMER of a RESTREAMER of a RESTREAMER of a RESTREAMER of a RESTREAMER of a RESTREAMER of a RESTREAMER.

Get my point? Having a background in IT will help BUT, without that core understanding, that foundation, you will probably end up ruining your potential for clients. My advice is, be a RESELLER. Stop trying to be in charge of the service. Make your money. Spend your time LEARNING about IPTV. Get your clientele base up higher than 100 users. Then, ONCE you're ready, got good footing, good foundation, good client base, good network of other resellers etc etc. THEN you start thinking about taking on that extra risk, that extra expense, that extra responsibility, etc etc to be in control.

Right now, where you're at, you've literally got the cart in front of the horse and it looks like you're trying to pull the cart and the horse.

magic1

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score

Thanks for this. I can attest to absolutely everything written here as I used to be a Reseller and am now a Restreamer.

Channels MatchTime Unblock CDN Offshore Server Contact
100 cnx / 90€ 5Gbps / 180€ 48CPU-256GRAM 10Gbps 569€ Skype live:giefsl
500 cnx / 350€ 10Gbps / 350€ 48CPU-128GRAM 5Gbps / 349€ TG @changglobize
1000 cnx / 500€ 20Gbps / 700€ 40CPU-128GRAM 20Gbps / €980 http://coronaserver.com
shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
AdBlock Detected

We know, ad-blocking software do a great job at blocking ads. But our site is sponsored by advertising. 

For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.
You can create a Account with us or if you already have account, you can prefer an Account Upgrade.

I've Disabled AdBlock