Windows Server 2019 has a lot of new features which were built upon the previous operating system in the Windows Server lineup, the Windows Server 2016. Some of these features are:-
- Windows Server 2019 features Support for Kubernetes which is an open source container orchestration system which is made by Google. It is used for automating tasks like deployment, scaling, as well as management of applications. The framework is currently being maintained by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation. Microsoft has included support for the Kubernetes Framework in Windows Server 2019 but the feature is still in the Beta stage. It is a very important upgrade as many enterprises are using Kubernetes for automating their application tasks like deployment, scaling, as well as management.
- Microsoft Server 2019 comes with out of the box support for Windows Admin Center. Windows Admin Center or WAC is the latest development in the Remote administration space, it is designed to make the process of administering IT applications simple and more efficient. Every single New Window Server 2019 Features are surfaced in the Windows Admin Center. The Windows Admin Center acts as a replacement feature for “In Box” organization devices – Like Server Manager, DHCP administrator, Hyper-V supervisor and the just about 20 MMC consoles required to productively deal with your Windows Environment. Windows Administration Center now features all of those settings in a modern and convenient web-based UI. The Windows Administration Center was previously available for earlier versions of Windows Server but now it comes out of the box for Windows Server 2019 which is a good feature to have.
- The Setup process never again prompts for a product key anymore. Microsoft Hyper-V Server is an endeavor hypervisor that is given at no extra expense.
- Executives are presently appropriately provoked to change their passwords when at first marking in.
- Refreshed branding at setup.
- Failover Clustering solidifying. Failover Clustering never again requires the utilization of NTLM.
- Server Message Block (SMB) solidifying. SMB 1.0 is debilitated as a matter of course.
- Windows Subsystem for Linux is also available in Windows Server 2019.
- Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection is implicit.
- .NET Framework 4.7 is now default and comes inbuilt in Windows Server 2019 (Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016 included the older version of .NET Framework which is .NET Framework 4.6).
Last edited by a moderator: