Welcome to World of IPTV

With

+23k members
+11k threads
+106k posts

we are the most popular IPTV community on the web. 

IMPORTANT NOTE:
WE HAVE RECENTLY NOTICED THAT TOO MANY DOUBLE FAKE ACCOUNTS ARE CREATED IN THE PAST.
TO PREVENT THIS ISSUE THE DECISION WAS MADE THAT IN THE FUTURE A ANNUALLY FEE 20 EURO WILL BE RAISED FOR NEW MEMBERSHIPS.

Join now to the World of IPTV

Forum Rules

Before you start, check out the forum rules first

Account upgrade

Upgrade your account to get access to full features

Advertising

Would you like to place your advertisement with us ?

Resources Manager

Hundreds of IPTV scripts and apps are available for download

Best Kodi PVR Backend for IPTV?

coolrico

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I really love Kodi as a media center, always have and always will, i use it for all of my local media and would really like to use it for my Live TV but this aspect of Kodi was really lacking when i last looked to get it set up (around 18 months ago), Is there a decent PVR client now for Kodi? I've tried IPTV simple client but not really a fan as it loads the vod sections as channels...

I've also tested the stalker client which was a bit better but was just live TV.

Is there one that will load the live TV into LIVE TV the Movies into Movies Library and TV Series into TV Series Library?

I'm currently working on a python script to do this but if there is already an addon written then i would prefer to use that as i am in no way a programmer.

Any help appreciated :)

coolrico

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
I really want to get back into Kodi for all my media and if there is now a decent solution for IPTV then i'm willing to spend the time tweaking with the Kodi setup and Skins etc to get it to exactly how i want it but i'm reluctant to spend the time if i have to use other software for the IPTV and then i may as well just use Plex or Emby for my local media :/

It's a shame to see Kodi getting left behind when it is so powerful in other aspects!

Channels MatchTime Unblock CDN Offshore Server Contact
100 cnx / 90€ 5Gbps / 180€ 48CPU-256GRAM 10Gbps 569€ Skype live:giefsl
500 cnx / 350€ 10Gbps / 350€ 48CPU-128GRAM 5Gbps / 349€ TG @changglobize
1000 cnx / 500€ 20Gbps / 700€ 40CPU-128GRAM 20Gbps / €980 http://coronaserver.com

urgodfather

Banned
Banned
Ext. Member
Reaction score
The majority of kodi devs have walked away from it. Too much attention because of YouTube click bait junkies.

As far as to answer your question, I've tested them all. They all work well for the most part, but each has it't pitfalls. If you have a question about any in particular, then ask.

coolrico

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
@urgodfather Cheers for the reply.

The only ones i know of are the ones i've mentioned, i have tried the xtream addon but i'm looking for an "All in one" addon that will put the live tv into kodi's PVR and then treat the VOD content like local media as in add it to the kodi media libraries along with my actual local content rather than having to go into another addon.

The idea would be a seamless integration with Kodi as though it was local content.. the only way i've thought of to acheive this is to create STRM files from the vod content and place in a folder monitored by Kodi.

Can you advise on any other addons i could try?

urgodfather

Banned
Banned
Ext. Member
Reaction score
This is a good approach on how to do it. There is a 3rd party addon that can do this but there are some issues. 1) it is coded to a group of other providers. 2) it does not support series. 3) it does not support radio. 4) strm format is not supported by anything else. 5) it does not support multiple playlists.

You would be better off running a docker to split, combine, shape, and parse your playlists first. Then use the prepped playlists to suit your needs. You could also use a little python magic with kodi, but i would not search for any "addon" to just do it for you.

Kodi is a very powerful frontend media center software. It is a shame to see where it came from, to where it has gone, and where it is now. I am talking about many aspects,.

1000 cnx / 500€ 20Gbps / 700€ 40CPU-128GRAM 20Gbps / €980 http://coronaserver.com

coolrico

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
@urgodfather Cheers for the info, that has at least pointed me in the right direction to start doing some research, i have started to write something in python that grabs the listings and creates the STRM files but my coding skills are near none existant so it wont be a "clean" script.

I hadn't thought of the docker approach... this could be an interesting way to do it!

Completely agree i've always had a love for Kodi and have been using it for 10+ years i was gutted to see it being preloaded on boxes causing it to be thought of as this illegal pirating platform which couldnt be further away from where it started and what it stands for...

flippy

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Have you tested TVHeadend for KODI? Workes pretty good for what u want i think

Sunman22

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
I use playlist loader for iptv and kodilive.eu is good also u could try these hope they help

TheMandalorian

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
The best addon for kodi that was 3rd party was gears. Secoundly was Vader’s, after both fell it’s not really a surprise that others don’t really want to get or be in the game anymore.

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
AdBlock Detected

We know, ad-blocking software do a great job at blocking ads. But our site is sponsored by advertising. 

For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.
You can create a Account with us or if you already have account, you can prefer an Account Upgrade.

I've Disabled AdBlock